Welgelegen Cherry farm is situated next to the Witteberg Mountain range.
On top of the mountain, spectacular views of the Maluti's and surrounding areas can be enjoyed.
- The beautiful sandstone formations are distinctive features of the area.
- It is nestled next to the dam stocked with Bass.
- Magnificent views of the mountains can be seen from all corners of the house.
- Various 4x4 tracks in the vicinity and hiking trails are available on the farm and in the vicinity.
- Down at the dam you can paddle in canoes and try your hand at bass fishing
- If you are a photographer this is the ideal place!
Places to go & things to see:
- Clarens (40km)
- Ficksburg (50km)
- Surrender hill (25km)
- Fouriesburg (16km)
- Lesotho Border (20km)
- Afriski (90km)
If you want to do something more active, you could bring mountain bikes for cycling on the farm or along the farm roads and through the cherry orchards.
Stroll up to the summit of the mountains to enjoy the quietness of nature and do some bird watching.
There are the most wonderful indigenous flora and fauna to explore against the slopes of the hills!