ONE OF THE MOST PICTURESQUE WEDDING VENUES ON A CHERRY AND APPLE FARM
Welgelegen Cherry Estate is family owned and managed. Weekend destination weddings are our specialty and we have a passion to create dream weddings. We ensure that your wedding weekend is a personal and warm family experience.
The Bridal Couple and Family can relax while we provide one stop service for all their requirements including Decor, Flowers, Photography, DJ, Beautician, Wedding cakes and Onsite Catering.
At Welgelegen we will ensure that your dream day will be an unforgettable and relaxed experience, because:
- The venue offers wonderful views of the sandstone cliffs overlooking the dam with exceptional hues during sunset.
- Spectacular photo opportunities will ensure that your photos will capture the unique memories of your dream wedding.
- Welgelegen provides a relaxed farm and country atmosphere on a working cherry and apple farm and the farm.
- The Venue is yours for the entire weekend.
- We take pride in our in dept planning which will ensure a stress-free and memorable wedding.
- The luxurious onsite Bridal Suite is intimate and private and is positioned on the foot of the mountains. The Bridal Suite is perfect for that special evening and may be used for the bride to be turned into a Princess for her DREAM DAY.
- Luxurious accommodation for 63 people is available on the farm.
- A Friday night braai with friends and family to start the weekend celebrations the evening before the wedding.
- A “Say Goodbye” Sunday morning breakfast.
The Wedding Facilities are custom built for weddings:
- It can seat 220 people with a spacious dance floor.
- Our venue is wheelchair friendly.
- A fully equipped cash bar is situated inside the Reception hall, for the convenience of your guests.
- Advanced catering equipment ensures delicious menu choices which are freshly prepared on the weekend.
We have three unique options where you can say “I do”:
- In a beautiful sandstone chapel with exceptional views overlooking the dam onto the Witteberg and Maluti Mountains.
- Amongst the sandstone cliffs, your ceremony can be outside on the lawn or deck overlooking the dam and magnificent mountains.
- In the tranquil Orchards, your ceremony can be in the midst of the beautiful Cherry Trees, with blossoms, cherries or autumn leaves forming the backdrop.
We look forward to hosting you, your family and friends on this special occasion and we trust that we will exceed your expectations.
Renier & Tanya Nel - Wedding on 30 August 2014.
net 'n massiewe DANKIE se vir elk een van julle wat vir ons die troue
van n leeftyd gegee het. Dankie vir al die ekstra moeite wat julle in
gesit het, dit gaan nie ongesiens verby nie. Ons het soveel komplimente
gekry op elke liewe detail en die kos was uit die boonste rakke!!!!!” – Tanya Nel (van Dyk) – Bride
Herman & Marlise Fouche – Wedding on 2 May 2015
“Wil net weer baie baie dankie se dat julle ons groot dag so spesiaal gemaak het! Ons het dit werklik baie geniet.” – Marlise Fouche (Enslin) – Bride
Emma & Bryan Milton – Wedding on 19 September 2014
“We thoroughly enjoyed the wedding and thank you and your staff (on behalf of Emma and Bryan) for your dedicated and willing service. It was certainly something different having the wedding service in the cherry orchard and the guests enjoyed the ride through the cherry trees. Emma and Bryan were very fortunate that the cherry trees were in full blossom.” - David Anderson – Father of the Bride